(Safety Leadership Expert, Passionate Health and Safety Specialist)
Mary is a leading Health & Safety Specialist in Ireland. She helps to improve company’s health and safety regulations. Her expertise help companies to ultimately save costs on employee turnover and save lives.
- Mary has been a Chartered Fellow of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) since 2005 of which there are only 50 women in the world.
- She first started out as a Safety and Environment Manager in Bausch & Lomb Ireland, Waterford where she won eleven major safety awards with both NISO and RoSPA.
- She then went on to be the Director and Lead consultant in her own company known as Darlington Consulting.
- For 7 years she lectured on the Certificate in Personnel Practice (CIPD Course) and became the Course Leader for 3 years from 2003 – 2006.
Mary took the time to sit down with our very own COO at GoContractor, Julie Currid, to talk us through what exactly she has learnt through the years and how she helps companies with their own health and safety regulations.
- Both Line Managers and Senior Managers are responsible for health and safety orientations.
- Companies need to make their employees aware of the hazards on site.
- Constantly remind and update employees on the health and safety regulations
- Good orientations and orientations save lives and reduces costs for companies.
- From large multinational companies to small not for profits – everyone should keep up to date with the health and safety of their employees.
- Companies using contractors need to pay particular attention and make sure each one is aware of the health and safety regulation.